Photonic Doppler Velocimetry (PDV).
Photonic Doppler velocimetry (PDV) is an established technique used to measure high-velocity events up to tens of km/s. It is also known as heterodyne velocimetry and can be used as a supplementary tool or replacement for Velocity Interferometer System for Any Reflector (VISAR).
Quantifi Photonics’ Photonic Doppler Velocimetry instruments are used by world-leading research organizations to conduct research across a growing number of applications where reliable and accurate measurements are critical.
- Study of material properties and impact response using shock physics
- Replacement for Velocity Interferometer System for Any Reflector (VISAR) with an integrated fiber-based system
- Measure velocities in dynamic experiments with high temporal precision.
The Doppler 1000 Series is available in compact MATRIQ™ benchtop or PXIe form factor with SCPI control and COHESIONUI™, Quantifi Photonics’ modern web-based user interface.
Doppler 1000 Series (compact Photonic Doppler Velocimetry module)
The Doppler 1000 Series combines the key optical components for Photonic Doppler Velocimetry (PDV) measurements in an extremely compact instrument to enable streamlined high-channel count PDV test setups.
- Accurate control and measurement of target, probe and reference power
- Generate reliable and repeatable measurements
- Drastically reduce the footprint of your test setup
- Easily build scalable, multi-channel systems.