We design and manufacture a range of tunable C-band and L-band telecom laser sources, customizable fixed-wavelength laser sources, broadband super luminescent (SLED) sources, and swept laser sources.
Our products use high-quality components and are calibrated for repeatable and reliable performance across a wide range of applications:
- Fiber-optic communications
- Coherent optical transceiver development
- Optical component testing and characterization
- Silicon photonics
- Photonic Doppler Velocimetry (PDV)
- General-purpose light sources for optics and physics labs.
Most instruments are available in compact MATRIQ™ benchtop or PXIe form factor with SCPI control and CohesionUI™, Quantifi Photonics’ modern web-based user interface.
Laser 1000 Series (Micro ITLA, tunable C-band and L-band)
Continuous wave (CW), C-band and L-band tunable laser source offering high-power output, narrow 100 kHz linewidth and 0.01 pm resolution tunability.
Tunable telecom-grade laser source applications:
- Coherent optical transceiver development and testing
- Optical component development and testing
- Local oscillator for Tx and Rx coherent transceivers
- WDM / DWDM channel loading stress testing
- Silicon photonics wafer waveguide testing
- Photonic Doppler Velocimetry (PDV) laser source
- Interferometry (broad field; includes medical imaging via interferometry, Mach-Zehnder instruments)
- General purpose stable light source.
Laser 1100 Series (Fixed-wavelength Fabry-Perot)
Continuous wave (CW) laser source offering high power 850 nm output into multimode fiber with stable output power operation.
Fixed-wavelength 850 nm laser source applications:
- Stable 850 nm laser source for testing multimode OM3 fiber links
- Datacom SR4, SR8 interconnect testing
- 850 nm receiver responsivity testing
- General purpose stable multimode fiber light source for datacom and physics.
Laser 1200 Series (Fixed-wavelength DFB)
Customizable platform that can accommodate continuous wave fixed-wavelength laser modules of a wide range of wavelengths and powers.
Fixed-wavelength laser source applications:
- WDM network loading
- Amplifier testing
- CWDM reference light source
- General purpose stable light source for telecom and physics.
Laser 2000 Series (swept tunable laser source)
Laboratory-grade O-Band, E-Band or C/L-Band swept, tunable laser that can be operated as both a step-tuned or swept-wavelength laser source.
Swept laser source applications:
- General characterization of wavelength-dependent devices and materials
- Wavelength Dependent Loss measurements (WDL)
- Emulation of laser sources for DWDM and CWDM
- General interferometry applications.
SLED 1000 Series (Superluminescent Diode broadband light source)
Super-luminescent LED light source with high output power, large bandwidth and low spectral ripple. Various wavelength models to address applications in the telecom and datacom markets.
SLED broadband light source applications:
- Broadband source for component spectral characterization
- White light interferometry
- Broadband noise source for stress tests
- Optical coherence tomography.