Laser sources and amplifiers.
We design and manufacture a range of tunable C-band and L-band telecom laser sources, customizable fixed-wavelength laser sources, broadband super luminescent (SLED) sources, swept laser sources, and Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifiers (EDFA).
Our products use high-quality components and are calibrated for repeatable and reliable performance across a wide range of applications:
- Fiber-optic communications
- Coherent optical transceiver development
- Optical component testing and characterization
- Silicon photonics
- Photonic Doppler Velocimetry (PDV)
- General-purpose light sources for optics and physics labs.
Most instruments are available in compact MATRIQ™ benchtop or PXIe form factor with SCPI control and COHESIONUI™, Quantifi Photonics’ modern web-based user interface.
Laser 1000 Series (Micro ITLA, tunable C-band and L-band)
Continuous wave (CW), C-band and L-band tunable laser source offering high-power output, narrow 100 kHz linewidth and 0.01 pm resolution tunability.
Tunable telecom-grade laser source applications:
- Coherent optical transceiver development and testing
- Optical component development and testing
- Local oscillator for Tx and Rx coherent transceivers
- WDM / DWDM channel loading stress testing
- Silicon photonics wafer waveguide testing
- EDFA optical amplifier testing
- Photonic Doppler Velocimetry (PDV) laser source
- Interferometry (broad field; includes medical imaging via interferometry, Mach-Zehnder instruments)
- General purpose stable light source.
Laser 1100 Series (Fixed-wavelength Fabry-Perot)
Continuous wave (CW) laser source offering high power 850 nm output into multimode fiber with stable output power operation.
Fixed-wavelength 850 nm laser source applications:
- Stable 850 nm laser source for testing multimode OM3 fiber links
- Datacom SR4, SR8 interconnect testing
- 850 nm receiver responsivity testing
- General purpose stable multimode fiber light source for datacom and physics.
Laser 1200 Series (Fixed-wavelength DFB)
Customizable platform that can accommodate continuous wave fixed-wavelength laser modules of a wide range of wavelengths and powers.
Fixed-wavelength laser source applications:
- WDM network loading
- Amplifier testing
- CWDM reference light source
- General purpose stable light source for telecom and physics.
EDFA 1000 Series (Telecom C-band and L-band Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifier)
High-power EDFA optical signal amplifier for C-band and L-band. Three control modes: constant power, constant current and constant gain mode, make it a versatile addition to optical and electro-optical test systems.
- Fiber optic communications signal power amplification
- OSNR stress test noise loading
- Amplification of high data-rate modulated signals
- General purpose optical amplifier.
SLED 1000 Series (Superluminescent Diode broadband light source)
Super-luminescent LED light source with high output power, large bandwidth and low spectral ripple. Various wavelength models to address applications in the telecom and datacom markets.
SLED broadband light source applications:
- Broadband source for component spectral characterization
- White light interferometry
- Broadband noise source for stress tests
- Optical coherence tomography.
EPIQ-Laser (Swept, tunable continuous wave (CW) laser source)
Swept, tunable continuous wave (CW) laser source with 0.01 dB power stability and 400 nm/s high-speed scan rate. The EPIQ-Laser is ideal for R&D as well as production testing.
Swept tunable laser source applications:
- Optical component characterization
- High density fiber-optic sensor interrogation
- Biomedical imaging applications.