Tunable Laser Source.
Available in PXI and MATRIQ platforms
Laser 1000 Series
The Laser 1000 Series PXIe module is a Continuous Wave (CW), tunable laser source offering high-power output, narrow 100kHz linewidth and 0.01pm resolution tunability.
With seamless PXI integration, it can be easily integrated into new or existing PXI test setups. Save space, lower your costs and improve testing efficiency while delivering reliable and repeatable results in production or research environments.
1, 2 or 4 lasers per single-slot module
Achieve high channel density with up to 68 channels in an 18-slot PXI chassis.
Full tunability across C band or L band
Ideal for telecommunications applications; full coverage of DWDM channels.
Smarter calibration for enhanced power uniformity
Minimise inter-channel power variance with enhanced power uniformity between channels.
0.01pm tuning resolution
Tune to anywhere within C or L band with a high 0.01 pm tuning resolution.
Narrow 100kHz linewidth, up to 16.5 dBm of power
High stability 100kHz linewidth makes it an ideal candidate for some of the most demanding applications, such as coherently modulated high-speed communications.
Seamless PXI integration
Take advantage of PXI’s integrated triggering and synchronization capabilities across electrical and optical instruments.
Optional Whisper Mode
The Laser 1000 Series comes with optional whisper mode. This feature enables the user to temporarily disable the laser control frequency dither, which is useful for applications that require the narrowest linewidth.
All of our tunable lasers adhere to the OIF standard Micro Integrable Tunable Laser Assemblies (μITLA) Implementation Agreement and utilise the standard dithering method for frequency stability.
- Coherent optical transceiver development and testing
- Optical component development and testing:
- Optical splitters
- Optical couplers
- Optical Demultiplexers / Multiplexers
- Optical modulators
- Optical resonators
- MEMs testing
- Bragg Filter testing
- Fiber optic transmission testing
- Local oscillator for Tx and Rx coherent transceivers
- WDM / DWDM channel loading stress test
- Silicon photonic wafer waveguide testing
- EDFA optical amplifier testing
- Photonic Doppler Velocimetry (PDV) laser source
- Interferometry (broad field; includes medical imaging via interferometry, Mach-Zehnder instruments)
- High Performance Computing (HPC) with optical PIC-based semiconductors: channel loading
- General purpose stable light source for telecom and physics