Optical Power Meter.
Available in PXI and MATRIQ platforms
Power 1400 Series
The Power 1400 Series optical power meter provides fast monitoring of signal power from -60 to +10 dBm and broad wavelength range of 750 to 1700 nm. With a logarithmic amplifier, it avoids gain-jumps faced by multi-stage linear amplifier power meters.
Data logging capability
Data logging of up to 1024 samples is available on 2 channels, so you can capture transient events with ease.
Single logarithmic amplifier
Use of a logarithmic amplifier eliminates the gain jumps exhibited by power meters with multi-stage linear amplifiers. Get consistent and reliable measurement at all power levels.
Simple, intuitive operation with CohesionUI™
Control the Power-PXIe from your PC or mobile device. Plus, large format view mode makes it easy to
monitor your instrument even when working away from your desk.
Seamless PXI integration
Take advantage of PXI’s integrated triggering and synchronization capabilities across electrical and optical instruments.
2 or 4 power meters in a single instrument
Achieve high channel density with up to 68 channels in an 18-slot PXI chassis or 4 channels in an ultracompact benchtop instrument.
Integrated hardware triggering
PXI’s integrated timing and hardware triggering capabilities allow the user to synchronize a variety of instruments through the trigger bus and system reference clock features of the PXI platform. This offers a number of advantages over more traditional software-initiated measurements:
- True parallel measurements of multiple devices under test allows you to scale your manufacturing and decrease the test time per DUT.
- Extremely low latency allows you to capture fast events or measure your DUTs very quickly.
- Precise timing alignment between optical and electrical modules gives you control of trigger events to occur exactly when required.
- Each slot can create a trigger and the trigger event can be transferred through each PXI Trigger line.
- Configuring the trigger line can be done easily through NI max software interface for the PXIe mainframe.
- Fiber optic manufacturing test
- Power measurement integration for automated test systems
- Fiber optic laser test and characterization
- General and versatile R&D and production tool