Variable optical attenuators.
Fast attenuation speed with low insertion loss and built-in power monitoring. Operates in fixed attenuation or constant output power modes and supports SMF, MMF and PMF.
Extremely compact, cost-effective variable optical attenuators designed for streamlined testing and characterization of optical communication systems and optical components.
- Attenuate optical power to reduce risk of damage to optical instruments and components
- Test power level margins in a fiber optic system
- Equalize power across multi-channel and multi-wavelength signals
- General R&D and production optical tool.
The VOA is available in compact MATRIQ™ benchtop or PXIe form factor with SCPI control and CohesionUI™, Quantifi Photonics’ modern web-based user interface.
VOA 1000/1100/1300 Series (variable optical attenuator)
MEMS-based variable optical attenuator with fast attenuation speed, low insertion loss and in-built power meter. Its advanced power stabilization function lets you set and maintain the output power stability even when the input power fluctuates.
Variable optical attenuator applications:
- Transceiver stress testing
- Receiver sensitivity testing
- Loss simulation
- Optical power budget analysis
- Instrument power calibration